We try to keep this list as accurate as possible, but changes occur often.
If you have updated information for us, please click HERE to enter the info
in a form, or simply email us at
If you are planning on visiting any of these exhibits, please check their websites
or call them for current information. Some information might be out-of-date.
- Butterfly World South Africa
- P.O. Box 41
- Klapmuts 7625
- SOUTH AFRICA
- Phone: ++27-21-8755628
- Fax: ++27 -21-8755230
- Website: http://www.places.co.za/html/butterflyworld.html
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Route 44 near Klapmuts, just off the N1, at the junction of the main Wine Routes of Stellenbosch and Paarl. Tropical butterflies year-round.
- Butterflies for Africa
- 37 Willowton Rd
- Pietermaritzburg, 3201
- SOUTH AFRICA
- Phone: +27-33-3871356
- Website: http://www.butterflies.co.za/
- The Butterfly Centre - African Butterfly Research Institute
- P.O. Box 14308
- 256 Dagoretti Road
- Karen, Nairobi
- Phone: 011-254-2-884972
- Fax: 011-254-2-884554
- Email: email@example.com
- Display native African butterflies year-round
- Kipepeo Butterfly Farm
- P.O. Box 58
- Malindi, Coast Province
- Phone: 011-254-42-32380
- Fax: 011-254-42-32380
- Website: http://www.kipepeo.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Native African butterflies year-round
- Ludwig's Roses Butterfly Wonderland
- SOUTH AFRICA
- Phone: +27824703719
- Fax: +27865437595
- Website: http://www.ludwigsroses.co.za
- Email: email@example.com
- On the N1 north, just off the Wallmansthal offramp lies this amazing tropical butterfly garden with exotic & indigenous butterflies to facinate all ages.
del Mundo - Museum of Entomology
- Buenos Aires; Phone 54-1-664-2108
- Coffs Harbour Butterfly House
- 5 Strouds Road, Bonville
- New South Wales 2441
- Phone: 011-61-2-6653-4766
- Fax: 011-61-2-6653-4766
- Website: http://www.butterflyhouse.com.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can discover the secrets of the life cycle of the butterfly, search for well-hidden eggs, caterpillars and pupae and witness the miracle of metamorphosis. You may even have the opportunity to experience the emergence of a brand new butterfly, transforming a soggy insect into a display of brilliant colours.
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- P.O. Box 345, Kennedy Highway
- Kuranda, Queensland 4872
- Phone: 61 7 4093 7575
- Website: http://www.australianbutterflies.com/index.html
- Email: email@example.com
- This 3,666 cubic metre aviary is home to over 1500 magnificent tropical butterflies, all local to the area, including the electric blue Ulysses butterfly and the largest butterfly in Australia, the Cairns or Australian Birdwing.
- Perth Zoo - Butterfly Friendly Garden
- 20 Labouchere Rd
- South Perth 6151
- Western Australia
- Phone: (08) 9474 0444
- Fax: (08) 9474 4420
- Website: http://www.perthzoo.wa.gov.au/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butterflies play an important environmental function as they pollinate plants, allowing them to set seed and reproduce. South-west Australia has few native butterflies and those we do have are becoming less common as a result of habitat loss. Planting native plants can help conserve our butterflies, as well as many other native animal species.
- Melbourne Zoo
- Parkville, Vic. 3052
- Phone: 61-3-9285 9300
- Fax: 61-3-9285 9350
- Website: http://www.zoo.org.au/
- Email: email@example.com
- Butterfly World
- Townsville, Queensland
- Website: http://www.barrierreefaustralia.com/townsville/
- 20 kms north of Townsville on the Bruce Highway at Healey Creek is a living, fascinating cloud of colourful butterflies in their Butterfly Aviary, a delightful combination of nature walks through gardens and bushland with riverside views and one of Australia's largest static display of butterflies, moths and spiders.
- Palmenhaus. Hofburg. Wien 1010; Phone: 0043 1 5338570. Open
Butterfly Garden of Knokke
- At the Bronlaan, 14 lies the 'Butterfly garden'. This is a
425 m² large tropically heated greenhouse with little ponds
that are decorated with water lillies and small waterfalls.
In the artificial garden hundreds of exotic butterflies are
kept. Website: http://www.vlindertuin-knokke.be/
Wings Nature Center
- A screened and landscaped 42'x60'x21 butterfly house,
spotlighting a wide variety of free-flying butterflies native
to Belize. Cayo District, Belize.
Breeding Center at Shipstern Nature Reserve
- P.O. Box 160 - 3210 Kerzers/Chiètres FR - Phone +41 (0) 31 756 04 61 - Fax +41 (0) 31 756 04 69
Hills Butterfly Ranch and Botanical Collections
- Mile 8 Chiquibul Road (Cayo), P.O. Box 208, Belmopan, Belize;
Tel/fax (501) 820-4017. Active breeding facility which has bred
more than 70 Belizean butterfly species and is still expanding.
Open to the public but also exporting pupae to butterfly houses
in the USA.
- Provincial Museum
- 12845 102 Ave., Edmonton, Alberta T5N OM6
Phone 403-453-9178. For general infromation, phone 403-453-9100.
Contact: Terry Thormin
- Devonian Botanic Gardens - Butterfly House
- University of Alberta, Edmonton AB T6G 2E1 Ian Dymock, Program
Administrator (Phone: 780-987-2496) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calgary Zoo, Butterfly
Exhibit - Butterfly House
- 1300 Zoo Road NE, Calgary AB T2E 7V6 Belinda Mainprize, Curator
of Butterflies (Phone: 403-232-9300 or 800-588-9993)
World - Butterfly House
- P.O. Box 36, 1080 Winchester Road, Coombs, British Columbia
V0R 1M0, Phone 604-248-7026.
- Victoria Butterfly
Gardens - Butterfly House
- 1461 Benvenuto Avenue, Brentwood Bay, BC V8M 1R3; Phone 250-652-3822; Fax 250-652-4683
Carl Johnson, Proprietor: email@example.com
- Victoria Bug Zoo - Insect
- 631 Courtney Street, Victoria BC V8W 1B8 Contact: Carol Maier
Phone: 250-384-2847 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Bug Lab Invertebrate Museum
- 616 Columbia St., New Westminster, BC
The Bug Lab is an exhibit of live invertebrates and interactive insect games. Visitors become Junior Entomologists, are given a lab j
acket and a clipboard of age appropriate questions, and observe the invertebrates on display. email@example.com
- Green Village - Butterfly
- 686 Riverwide Drive, Fredricton NB E3A 8C2 Phone: 506-450-3388
Andy Buyting - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newfoundland Insectarium - Butterfly House & Insect Zoo
- 2 Bonne Bay Road, Reidville, Newfoundland; contact Lloyd Hollett,
- Wings of Paradise Butterfly House, Canada's Naturium
- 2500 Kossuth Road, Cambridge, Ontario N3H 4R7, Phone 519-653-1234;
Doug Wilson, President & CEO
Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory - Butterfly House
- P.O. Box 150, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 6T2, Phone 905-356-7670
x 242, FAX 905-356-5488.
- Metro Toronto Zoo - Insect Zoo & Butterfly House
- 38 Donna Cona Crescent, Scarborough ON M1E 3P9 Lydia Attard,
Entomologist or Tom Mason - Tmason@torontozoo.ta
- Toronto Nature Centre - Butterfly House
- 16 Dundurn Crescent, Toronto ON M6C 1H4 Jim Lovisek, Curator
- Science North - Butterfly House
- 100 Chemin Ramsay Lake Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 5S9 (Phone: 705-522-3701,
Ext. 249) Julie Moskalyk (email@example.com)
- Urquhart Butterfly
- Centennial Park, Dundas, Ontario
- Butterflies and Blooms, Butterfly Conservatory
- 23834 Hwy # 48, Box 61, Baldwin, ON
Phone: 905-722-5849, Fax: 905-722-3157
Native and Tropical Butterflies Conservatory located in a beautiful indoor and outdoor gardens. You can observe native
Canadians and Tropical Butterflies from South and Central America and the Philippines. Gift shop. Open daily from June to
September, 10am -5pm. Hourly tours with guide. Weddings and special occasions. firstname.lastname@example.org
de Montreal - Butterfly House & Insect Zoo
- 4581 Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal
Phone: 514-872-0658. Stephane Le Tirant, Curator; email@example.com.
- Centre Jardin Hamel - Butterfly House
- 6029 Boulevard Hamel, Ancienne-Lorett QC G2E 2H3 Phone: 418-871-6010
- Wilson's Greenhouse
- 1129 Avenue T South, Saskatoon SK S7M 3B6, (Phone: 306-955-9580)
- Insects and Snails Museum
- Pueblito Parque O'Higgins, Local 6., Santiago, Fax to Roberto
Perez de Acre (2)5568576.
- Metamorphosis- Mariposas de Colombia
- Calle 2 Oeste No. 2- 21 Apt. 503, Cali, Valle
- Phone: 091- 8935807
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Metamorphosis- Mariposas de Colombia is a registered comercial butterfly farm from Colombia, South America. We are operating a butterfly farm and we offer 50 species of neotropical species (live pupae) to supply Butterfly Exhibits in US and Europe. We want to be included in your list of Butterfly Exhibits
- The Butterfly
- Apdo. 2132 - 4050 LaGuacima de Alajuela; Phone 506-438-0400
- San Jose
- Monteverde Butterfly Garden
- Phone: (506) 2645-5874 firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Selva Butterfly
- Primary Forest-Ecuadorian Amazon, P.O. Box 17-12-635, Quito;
Tel: +593 2 550995 / 545425 / 554686, Fax: +593 2 567297; e-mail:
"A PLACE DESIGNED TO PRESENT AN ECOLOGICAL, SUSTAINABLE, ALTERNATIVE
WAY TO HELP WITH THE CONSERVATION OF THE ENVIRONMENT."
- Butterfly World & Fountain World
- Staplers Road, Wooton, Ryde
- Isle of Wight, PO33 4RW
- Phone: 011-44-1983-883430
- Fax: 011-44-1983-883430
- Website: http://www.butterfly-world-iow.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Tropical butterflies April 1 thru October 31
- The Butterfly & Wildlife Park
- Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire PE12 9LE
- Phone: 01406 363833
- Fax: 01406 363182
- Website: http://www.butterflyandwildlifepark.co.uk/
- Visit the Butterfly and Wildlife Park, Lincolnshire's premier park, and enjoy all the facilities at your leisure.
- Stratford-upon-Avon Butterfly Farm
- Swan's Nest Lane
- Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7LS
- Phone: 011-44-1789-299288
- Fax: 011-44-1789-415-878
- Website: http://www.butterflyfarm.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- British and tropical butterflies year round
- Berkeley Butterfly House
- Berkeley Castle, Berkeley
- Gloucestershire GL13 9BQ
- Phone: 044 1453 810332
- Fax: 044 1453 512995
- Website: http://www.ukattraction.com/heart-of-england/berkeley-butterfly-house.htm
- Email: email@example.com
- Blenheim Palace Butterfly House
- Blenheim Park, Woodstock
- Oxford OX7 1PY
- Phone: 00 44 8700 60 20 80
- Fax: 00 44 1993 810 570
- Website: http://www.blenheimpalace.com/Park%20and%20Gardens_files/butterflyhouse.htm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butterfly and Insect House
- Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 3PX
- Phone: 01827 880250
- Fax: 01827 880700
- Website: http://www.twycrosszoo.com/
- The Butterfly Centre
- Macfarlanes Nursery
- Swingfield, Dover, Kent
- Phone: 44-01-303-83244
- Buckfast Butterflies and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary
- Buckfast Steam & Leisure Park,
- Phone: 01364 642916
- Website: http://www.ottersandbutterflies.co.uk/
- Buckfast Butterflies and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary offers a great, enjoyable, educational experience. Wander around the butterfly farm and see new butterflies emerge in tropical surroundings.
- The Butterfly House
- Cotswold Wildlife Park & Gardens
- Burford, Oxfordshire
- Phone: 44 (0)1993 823006
- Website: http://www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk/
- Cotswold Wildlife Park is set in 160 acres of parkland and gardens around a listed Victorian Manor House and has been open to the public since 1970.
The Park is home to a fascinating and varied collection of mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates from all over the world and aspires to show animals to people - so that they can come to understand and respect all forms of wildlife; to understand what is special about each species, and how the various species have evolved over very long periods of time, adjusting to survive in habitats from many parts of the earth.
- The Butterfly House
- Williamson Park
- Lancaster LA1 1UX
- Phone: 01524 33318
- Website: http://www.williamsonpark.com/
- Live exotic butterflies fluttering and feeding amidst the flowers, trees and vines in the tropical rain forest housed in the former Palm House. Walk amongst some of the world¹s most beautiful species, including brilliant swallowtails, and cleverly camouflaged Owl butterflies within a natural habitat. The pupae of new butterflies can be seen in a special display case and you may even see a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis!
- Butterfly World
- Rolston Road
- Hornsea, East Yorkshire HU18 1UT
- Phone: (01964) 534211
- Fax: (01964) 536363
- Website: http://www.driffield.co.uk/visitor.htm
- Eastbourne Butterfly Centre Ltd.
- Royal Parade
- Eastbourne, East Sussex BN22 7AQ
- Phone: 01323 645522
- Jersey Butterfly Farm
- Haute Tombette
- St. Mary, Jersey, Channel Islands
- Phone: 01534 81707
- London Zoological Gardens, Insect House
- Regents Park
- Website: http://www.landscape.gre.ac.uk/lguide/thezoo1.htm
- Long Sutton Butterfly Park
- Long Sutton, Spalding
- Lincolnshire, PE12 9LE
- Phone: 44-01-406-363833
- Longleat Butterfly Garden
- The Estate Office
- Longleat, Warminster
- Wiltshire BA12 7NW
- Website: http://www.longleat.co.uk/attractions/butterfly-garden.asp
- Home to literally hundreds of exotic butterfly species - many as large as your hand - the tropical Butterfly Garden offers a relaxing and captivating glimpse into the world of these fragile and beautiful creatures.
- Mole Hall Wildlife Park & Butterfly Pavilion
- Widdington Saffron
- Walden Essex CB11 3SS
- Phone: 01799-540400
- Fax: 01799-542408
- Website: http://www.molehall.com/
- Natureland Marine Zoo
- North Pde
- Lincolnshire PE25 1DB
- Tropical Butterflies Ltd.
- Colethorpe Lane
- Barrow, Bury St.
- Edmunds IP29 5BG
- Phone: 01284 810859
- Tropical World
- Roundhay Park
- Website: http://www.forp.co.uk/
- Studley Grange Butterfly World
- Hay Lane
- Swindon Wiltshire
- Phone: 01793 852400
- Fax: 01793 852408
- Website: http://www.studleygrange .co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Tropical butterflies flying freely against a backdrop of tropical plants.fish filled ponds.mini beasts.english butterfly garden.large gift shop.cafe.
- New Ferry Butterfly Park
- Howell Road
- New Ferry
- Wirral,CH62 5
- Website: www.newferrybutterflypark.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Ferry Butterfly Park is an urban nature reserve that was developed on the former site of a railway goods yard, coal yard and water softening plant at Bebington and New Ferry Station. A Site of Biological Importance, the reserve occupies 4.94 acre
Open Sundays 1May-31Aug
2010 incorporating a sculpture trail with work by local artists and may well be open other days during the summer months.
Check website (coming soon) for details and become a fan on facebook at:
- Butterfly World Limited
- Preston Park
- Yarm Road
- Stockyon-on-Tees Cleveland
- ENGLAND TS18 3RH
- Phone: 44 (0) 1642 791414
- Website: http://butterflyworldltd.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Tropical butterflies February to October
- Butterfly Garden at University of Joensuu
- Heinäpurontie 70, Joensuu (Linnunlahti)
- Phone: 358-13-251 2630
- Website: http://www.uef.fi/botania/languages
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jardin des Découvertes et des Papillons
- Route de Gap – 26150 Die, Phone: 04 75 22 17 90, Website: http://www.jardin-decouvertes.com/
- Le Jardin des papillons de l’Aoubré
- Le Jardin des papillons de l’Aoubré – Parc des Cédres – 83340 Flassans, Phone: 06 12 58 02 26, Website: http://web.me.com/papillons.aoubre/papillons.aoubre/le_Jardin_des_Papillons.html
- La serre aux Papillons – la queue-lez-yvelines
- 78940 La queue-lez-yvelines, Phone: 01 34 86 42 99, Website: http://www.jardineriepoullain.com/
- Cité des enfants à la Villette
- 30, avenue Corentin-Cariou 75019 Paris, Phone:05 58 78 67 42, Website: http://www.cite-sciences.fr/fr/cite-des-sciences/contenu/c/1248104303612/cite-des-enfants/
- Chateau de Goulaine
- Haute-Goulaine, 44115 Basse-Goulaine, Phone 188.8.131.52, Website: http://www.chateaudegoulaine.fr/
- Decouverte Entomologique
- Le Petit Chauffaut, 35610 Pleine Fougeres, Phone 184.108.40.206
- Le Jardin des papillons de Dignes-les-Bains
- Parc Saint-Benoît, Siège de la Réserve Géologique Naturelle de Haute-Provence - 04000 Digne-les-Bains
Phone: 06 58 24 24 00, Website: http://www.proserpine.org/
- Jardin Des Plantes Vivarium
- 57 Rue Cuvier, 75005 Paris, Phone 43. 31. 78. 79, Website: http://www.mnhn.fr/le-museum/
- Le Paradis du papillon
- 40460 Sanguinet, Phone: 05 58 78 67 42, Website: http://leparadisdupapillon.free.fr/
- Jardins des Papillons
- Pepinieres de Haute-Normandie, 1215 Route de Neufchatel, RN
28, 76230, Isneauville, Phone 35. 61. 31. 22.
- Jardins des Plantes Vivarium
- 57 Rue Cuvier, 75005, Paris; Phone 43. 31. 78. 79.
- La Jungle des Papillons
- Antibes- Angle RN7 et Route de Biot (Marineland), 06600 Antibes,
Phone 93. 33. 55. 77
- Epernay- 63 bis, Avenue de Champagne, 51200 Epernay, Phone
26. 55. 15. 33.
- La Voliere A Papillons
- Maison Paris-Nature, Pavillon 6, Parc Floral de Paris, Bois
de Vincennes, 75012 Paris.
- Musee des Papillons- Insectarium
- Foret de Chize, 79360 Beavoir-Sur-Niort, Phone 49. 09. 61.
- Parc Floral de Paris
- Maison Paris Nature, Toute de la Pyramide, 94300 Vincennes,
Phone 43. 28. 47. 63.
- Micopolis - la cité des insectes
- 12780 Saint Léons, Phone: 05 65 58 50 50, Website: http://www.micropolis-aveyron.com/
- Boulevard Charles-V – 14600 Honfleur, Phone: 02-31-81-77-00, Website: http://www.naturospace.com/
- Le Tropique du Papillon
- RN 114 66200 Elne, Phone: 04-68-37-83-77, Website: http://www.tropique-du-papillon.com/
- L’Île aux papillons
- Île de Noirmoutier – 5, rue de la Fassonnière – 85680, La Guérinière, Phone: 02-51-35-77-88, Website: http://www.ile-aux-papillons.com/
- Le jardin des papillons
- 68150 Hunawihr-Ribeauvillé, Phone: 03-89-73-33-33, Website: http://www.jardinsdespapillons.fr/
- Les papillons d’Amarante
- Le Ressec – 09300 Lesparrou, Phone: 05-61-01-98-80, Website: http://www.papillonsdamarante.com/
- Butterfly House - Mainau Island
- Abteilung Souvenir, D-78465 Insel Mainau
- Phone: +49 (0)7531-303-0
- Fax: +49 (0)7531-303-166
- Website: http://www.mainau.de
- Email: email@example.com
- Garten der Schmetterlinge Schloss Sayn
- Im Fürstlichen Schlosspark
- Sayn, D-56170
- Phone: 011-49-2622-15478
- Fax: 011-49-2622-15479
- Website: http://www.sayn.de
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Display tropical butterflies most of the year (March through November).
- Mariposario Antigua
- PHONE/FAX: (502) 4768073; ADRESS: 7 AV. 20-40 ZONA 11 MARISCAL;
Contact EIKA BOBURG
- Insectarium Hortus Haren
- P.O. Box 174, 9750 AD Haren, Website: http://dehortus.nl/index.php
- Noorder Zoo
- P.O. Box 1010, 7801 BA Emmen.
Ceiba Butterfly & Insect Museum
- La Ceiba, Honduras. Click HERE to
view writeup contributed by Derek
- Tropical Farms & Gardens
- Apartoda 1157, La Ceiba, Honduras; Fax 504-43-2272; e-mail.
- Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden
- Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories; Phone 852-2488 6192;
Fax 852-2488-3035; e-mail kfkykiu@HK.Super.Net
- Birdwings regularly seen here. Interpretive displays describing
- Budapest Zoo Insectarium
- c/o Dr. L. Halmayi, Pf. 469, H-1371 Budapest.
- Shillong Butterfly Museum
- Website: http://www.india9.com/i9show/Butterfly-Museum-28471.htm
- Butterfly Museum at Shillong is 2 km north of Police Bazaar on the Jaiaw Road. It displays butterflies and beetles from India and abroad. The butterflies are also bred here as a conservatory measure.
- Butterfly Park, Bannerghatta National Park
- 22 kms. south of Bangalore. The Butterfly Park is spread across 7.5 acres of land. It comprises a butterfly conservatory, museum and an audio-visual room.
- Taman Kupu Kupu (Bali Butterfly Park)
- Wanasari, Tabanan, Bali
- Phone: +62 361 814 282
- Website: http://www.99bali.com/recreation/butterfly/
- Covering 3,500 square meters, the enclosed gardens of the park create an ecosystem for study, breeding and protection of butterflies. This is the largest park of its kind in Southeast Asia.Open Hours: 8am-5pm daily
- Butterfly Arc
- Via Scavi 21 Bis
- Montegrotto Terme, Padova
- Phone: 011-39-0498910189
- Fax: 011-39-0498910189
- Website: http://www.butterflyarc.it
- Email: email@example.com
- Tropical butterflies March thru October
- Casa Delle Farfalle di Bordano
- Cooperativa Pavees
- Via Principale 67
- Bordano, Udine 33010
- Phone: 011-39-0632988135
- Fax: 011-39-0632988821
- Website: http://www.casaperlefarfalle.it
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tropical butterflies March thru October
- Casa Delle Farfalle Monteserra
- Via Garibaldi 429
- Viagrande, CT 95029
- Phone: 011-39-957893427
- Fax: 011-39-957893427
- Website: http://www.parcomonteserra.it
- Email: email@example.com
- Tropical butterflies March thru October
- Case delle farfalle
- Website: http://viaggi.tiscali.it/speciali/case_delle_farfalle.asp
- Nawa Insect Museum
- Gifu Park, 2-18 Ohmiya-cho, Gifu City.
- 7-1-1 Hodokubo, Hino-shi, Tokyo; Phone 0425(91)1611
- Jardin des Papillons
- Societe Mosellane
- Route de Treves
- Grevenmacher, L-6793
- GRAND DUCHY OF LUXEMBOURG
- Phone: 011-352-758539
- Fax: 011-352-750606
- Website: http://www.papillons.lu/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tropical butterflies April 1 thru October 15
- The Butterfly Park
- Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +60 3 2693 4799
- Website: http://www.geographia.com/malaysia/klparks.html
- The Butterfly Park houses some 6,000 butterflies of over 120 species. The park is an imitation of the butterfly's natural habitat. It includes more than 15,000 plants from 100 species that have been used to recreate a Malaysian rainforest atmosphere. There is a nursery and breeding area for the butterflies.
- Donata Guerra, Mexico
- X-mahana at African Safari Zoo
- 11 Oriente #2407, Col. Azcarate Puebla, Mexico
- Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Butterfly Creek
- Tom Pearce Drive, Auckland Airport
- NEW ZEALAND
- Phone: 0064 9 275 8880
- Fax: 0064 9 275 1110
- Website: http://www.butterflycreek.co.nz
- Tropical Butterfly House of some 600m2 incorporating an array of tropical butterflies from around the world plus fishes,turtles, finches and other birds. Connected to an exhibit building with large aquaria. Complex includes farmyard, train, playground and various dining opportunities. All built over and around a working wetland and just one minute from Auckland International Airport.
- West Lynn Gardens' Butterfly House
- 73 Parker Ave, New Lynn
- NEW ZEALAND
- Phone: +64 9 827-7045
- Fax: +64 9 827-8995
- Website: http://www.westlynngarden.org.nz/index.html
- Email: email@example.com
- The butterfly house is surrounded by 4.5 acres of gardens and is open to the public 365 days a year, 10am - 4pm. Admission by donation $2 per person, school groups and tours welcome - please book first.
- Butterfly & Orchid Garden
- Dickson Holiday Park
- Victoria Street, Tararu
- NEW ZEALAND
- Phone: 07 86 88 080
- Fax: 07 86 85 648
- Website: http://www.butterfly.co.nz/home.htm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours : Summer season : 10am until 4pm (starting the Labour weekend). Winter season : 10am until 3pm (starting after Easter). Winter break from mid July (after the school holidays) until the end of August.
- Otago Museum
- 419 Great King Street
- Dunedin 9016
- NEW ZEALAND
- Phone: +64 (0)3 474 7474
- Website: http://www.otagomuseum.govt.nz
- Email: email@example.com
- Our new Tropical Forest has recently opened to the public. It is a new permanant feature of our museum and included a three storey tropical forest with 1000 butterflies flying around at any one time. We also have pools with fish and turtles. Frogs, finches and tarantulas can also be found in the enclosure. Its the hottest new attraction in Dunedin. Please check it out
- Sommerfuglparken - Det biologiske mangfold !
- Forusbeen 337
- 4312 Sandnes
- Phone: +47 476 78 033
- Website: http://www.sommerfuglparken.no
- Kom og opplev tropisk safari !
Landets eneste sommerfuglparken med hundredvis sommerfulger omgitt av mange fargerike, eksotiske planter og blomster. Uansett vær ute er det alltid sol og sommer i sommerfuglparken.
- Flora Farm Butterfly House
- Manila Seedling Bank Foundation
- Quezon Avenue Corner EDSA
- Quezon City, Luzon
- Phone: 011-63-2-9204113
- Fax: 011-63-2-9204113
- Display native Philippine butterflies year-round.
- WHS Butterfly Farm
- Pangi, Gasan, Marinduque
- Phone: (63)42-3421016
- Website: http://www.marinduque-butterfly.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butterfly Farm in Marinduque Island, Philippines. Open whole year round, created to promote conservation of wildlife specially butterflies and creation of jobs through sustainable development of wildlife.
- Simply Butterflies Conservation Center
- Phone: 63-38-535-9400
- Website: http://simplybutterfliesproject.com
- Email: email@example.com
- The natural home to T. magellanus, the largest butterfly in the Philippines. Visit our enclosure with hundreds of local tropical butterflies, with friendly staff to guide and answer all your questions on butterflies. The conservation center is set in large open gardens to enjoy many free flying butterflies in a specially created habitat. We are open daily and located just 40m off the highway in Poblacion Bilar; on route to Chocolate Hills.
- Moscow Zoo
- Moscow; Phone (095) 252-14-55.
- Edinburgh Butterfly and Insect World
- Dobbies Garden World, Melville Nursery, Lasswade
- Edinburgh, Midlothian EH18 1AZ
- Phone: 011-44-131-663-4932
- Fax: 011-44-131-654-2774
- Website: http://www.edinburgh-butterfly-world.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tropical butterflies year round.
- The Arran Butterfly Farm
- Machrie Bay
- Isle of Arran
- KA27 8DX
- Phone: (+44) 0131 477 6550
- Website: http://www.arranbutterflyfarm.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- We are the Arran Butterfly Farm, located on the beautiful Island of Arran, SW Scotland. We are a visitor attraction with a large tropically heated glasshouse full of exotic plants and free-flying butterflies. There are regular presentations and workshops by our resident expert. We also have an attractive childrens farmyard with live animals and pets, indoor adventure play, outdoor play area, go-karts, plus lots of play equipment. In addition we have a cafe and bistro serving coffees, snacks and a-la-carte meals in the evenings.
- World Insectarium and Butterfly Park
- Sentosa Island. Click HERE
- Mariposario del Drago
- Avenida de Canarias S/N
- Icod de los Vinos
- Tenerife, Islas Canarias (Canary Islands) 38430
- Phone: 011-34-922-815167
- Fax: 011-34-922-814543
- Website: http://www.mariposario.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tropical butterflies year round.
- ButterflyPark Empuriabrava
- Carrer Sta. Clara
- Empuriabrava, Gerona
- Phone: 011-34-649-977061
- Fax: 011-34-972-452037
- Website: http://www.butterflypark.es
- Email: email@example.com
- Tropical butterflies April thru October
- Santillana Zoo
- Avda. Antonio Sandi, 12.
- Santillana del Mar, CP: 39330,
- Phone: 0034-942818125
- Fax: 0034.942818365
- Website: http://www.zoosantillanadelmar.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parque de las Ciencias
- Avda/ del Mediterraneo s/n
- 18006 Granada
- Phone: +34 958 131 900
- Website: http://www.parqueciencias.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- The Tropical Butterfly House gives you the chance to enjoy yourself finding out about the world of butterflies and the different tropical species that live on this planet.
- Mariposario de Benalmádena
- Phone: 951 211 196
- Website: http://www.mariposariodebenalmadena.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17153 Stockholm, Solna; Phone: 00468274190; Fax: 00468834818
Tropical Gardens/Neuchatel Butterfly Farm
- P.O. Box CH-2074 Marin-Epagnier, Switzerland; Phone +41 32
753 4344, Fax +41 32 753 4350.
- Insectarium of Taipei Zoo
- Taipei Zoo No.30 Sec.2 Xinguang Rd, Taipei City 11656
The Insectarium is the newest addition to the Zoo, and is a two-story building situated in a small valley. A huge stag beetle welcomes all visitors in the lobby.
Behind the Insectarium is a ten-hectare valley where outdoor educational hiking is conducted, in the company of over 125 species of butterflies.
- Phuket Butterfly Garden & Insect World
- 71/6 Moo 5, Soi paneung
Yaowarat Road, T. Rassada, A. Muang
Phuket, 83000, Thailand
"The garden area covers about 3 acres, including 1 acre of butterfly enclosure.
Apart from the butterfly garden, there is an insect exhibition called
‘insect world’. This is the first insect exhibition of Thailand containing
the stories about the origins of insects, the growth of insects, and some
species details. The exhibition also contains a wide collection of local
insect specimens; live amazing insects and their relatives are placed in the
outdoor garden including stick insects, leaf insects, arachnids, mantis, and
some beetles. Part of the butterfly garden is decorated with tropical plants
and flowers which are grown from our own nursery. We display about 6000 – 8000
free-flying butterflies per month and all of them are from our own breeding
department. Our presentation lets tourists examine the butterfly life cycle in
action while they are walking through the garden."
- Maeram Orchid and Butterfly Farm
- (Managed by Maeram Orchid Ltd. Part.) 3/1 Moo 1, KM 5.5 Maerim-Samuang
Hwy, Maerim, Chiangmai 50180; Phone (+66) (0)53 298801, 298802;
Fax (66 53) 297982
- Bai Orchid-Butterfly Farm
- 3/1 Moo 7 Rimtai Maerim
- Chiangmai 50180 Thailand
- Tel. (66-53) 299588
- Siam Insect-Zoo and Museum
- Mae Rim-Samoeng Rd., Chiang Mai
email@example.com Phone: 089 1848475
(Alphabetically by state)
Nature Center's Butterfly Garden
- Elberta, AL - Small indoor garden with native butterflies
in all stages of the life cycle, in season. The Center consists
of 20 acres which are being restored with native vegetation,
including wildflower meadows full of butterfly larva and adult
host plants. Hours change seasonally and cost is minimal or
none, depending upon the season.
- Birmingham Zoo Insectarium
- 2630 Cahaba Road, Birmingham, AL 35223.
County Botanical Garden
- Huntsville, AL; Butterfly House exhibit will open Memorial
Day weekend and run through Labor Day.
- Phoenix, AZ; Phone: 480-941-1225. Maxine and Jonathan Marshall
Butterfly Pavilion, open March - May.
- Sonoran Arthropod
Studies, Inc. (SASI) Insect Zoo
- 2437 North Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85703
- Tucson Botanical
- 2150 N. Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ; Phone 520-326-9686.
- The Living Desert
- 47-900 Portola Ave., Palm Desert, CA 92260
760-346-5694, Butterfly exhibit open Oct. thru April
- San Diego Zoo Butterfly Jungle
- See website for details
- Greater Los Angeles Zoo
- 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027-1498, Phone 213-664-1100.
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, 900 Exposition
Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90000, Phone 213-744-3558
House at Turtle Bay Museum and Arboretum
- Paul Bunyan's Forest Camp, 836 Auditorium Dr., Redding, CA;
Francisco Zoological Society Insect Zoo
- Zoo Road and Skyline Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94132.
- Marine World Africa -USA
- Marine World Parkway (Junction of I-80 and California 37),
Vallejo, CA 94589, Phone 707-643-6722.
Colorado Botanical Gardens & Butterfly House
- Grand Junction, CO; Phone (970) 245-3288
- Butterfly Pavilion
and Insect Center
- 6252 West 104th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80020, Phone 303-469-5441.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
National Zoological Park - Pollinarium
- 3000 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008, Phone 202-673-4789.
Butterfly Habitat Garden
- Between 9th St. tunnel and the Natural History Museum (East
- Smithsonian Insect Zoo
- Smithsonian Institute, National Museum of Natural History,
Tenth and Constitution Avenues, NW, Washington, DC 20560, Phone
Butterfly House at Ashland Nature Center
- PO Box 700, Hockessin, DE 19707, 302-239-2334
- Butterfly World
- Tradewinds Park
- 3600 W. Sample Road
- Coconut Creek, FL 33073 USA
- Phone: 954-977-4400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open 7 days a week, 9-5 daily -- 1-5 Sunday, Admission Gate Closes at 4:00pm
- Butterfly Haven
- Arnold's Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, Inc
- Okeechobee, FL
- email@example.com or 863-763-4630
- A 1/2 acre free roaming butterfly garden with 2000 plants, built in the shape of the zebra
longwing butterfly(FL. state butterfly). There were 56 species in our NABA count
this year! Hours are 9-5 everyday. There is a donation fee.
- The Butterfly Rainforest
- Florida Museum of Natural History, Gainesville
- The Butterfly Rainforest is the world’s second largest collection of live butterflies –
from 55 to 65 species at any given time, from as far away as Australia and Africa.
Visit the “Wall of Wings” at the entrance, a three-story display of butterflies and
moths, then go inside for an interactive adventure through the rainforest itself.
- Navarre, FL
- Yearly May 1 through Labor Day
of Wonder Butterfly Conservatory at Cypress Gardens
- Cypress Gardens Adventure Park
- 6000 Cypress Gardens Blvd.
- Winter Haven, FL 33884
- Phone: (863) 324-2111
- Brevard Zoo
- 8225 N. Wickham Road
- Melbourne, FL 32940
- Phone: (321) 254-9453
- Fax: (321) 259-5966
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open-Air Butterfly Garden
- Caribbean Gardens, the Zoo in Naples
- 1590 Goodlette-Frank Road
- Naples FL 34102-5260
- Phone: (239) 262-5409
- Email: email@example.com
- Open-Air Butterfly Garden
- The Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservancy
- 1316 Duval Street
- Key West, Florida 33040
- (305) 296-2988 | (800) 839-4647
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Florida Zoo
- P.O. Box 470309
- Lake Monroe, Florida 32747-0309
- Phone: (407) 323-4450
- Fax: (407) 321-0900
- Email: email@example.com
- Butterfly Sensory Garden
- Miami Metrozoo
- 1 Zoo Boulevard
- 12400 SW 152 Street
- Miami, FL 33177
- Phone: (305) 251-0400
- Fax: (305) 378-6381
- Seasonal Butterfly Event (with live native species); Open-Air Butterfly Gardens
The Day Butterfly
- Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, GA 31822-2000, Phone 706-663-2281.
Foster Botanical Garden Butterfly Habitat
- 409 Lelekepue Place, Honolulu, Hawaii 96821-2522; (808) 373-4200
- This butterfly habitat was dedicated 11/21/08. It is a joint venture between the City & County of Honolulu and The Butterfly Society of Hawaii. Garden is certified by North American Butterfly Association. Open to the public 9-4 daily. Admission $5 to the whole botanical garden, of which this is a new attraction.
- 3300 Golf Road, Brookfield, IL 60513, Phone 312-485-0263.
- Illinois State Museum
- Corner of Spring and Edwards, Springfield, IL 62706.
- Roosevelt Road at Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605-2496;
- Judy Istock Butterfly Haven
- Peggy Notabaert Nature Museum
- Chicago, Illinois, just North of Lincoln Park Zoo
Mesker Park Botanic
- Opened May 9, 1998. 2421 Bement Ave., Evansville, IN 47712;
Phone 812-428-0715. Open May - October 10am-4pm; $1 admission.
- White River Gardens
- Over 1500 butterfly pupae received weekly from Africa, Costa Rica, and Florida. Through the Summer the
population builds until there are 1,000 to 1,500 flying at any one time.
1200 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Potawatomi Zoo
- 500 S. Greenlawn
South Bend, IN 46615
574.288.4639 • firstname.lastname@example.org
A seasonal Butterfly House that has exotic butterflies from Central America,
South America and Southeast Asia/Australia. It is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Iowa State University
- 1407 Elwood Drive
- Ames, Iowa 50011
- Phone - (515) 294-2710
State University Gardens
- 2021 Throckmorton Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506; Phone: (785)
532-6170. The Butterfly Exhibit is a free-flight butterfly exhibit
and provides an interactive experience for both the visitors
and the butterflies.
Botanica - The Wichita Gardens
- 701 Amidon, Wichita, KS 67203; Phone 316-264-0448; click HERE
for more details from David Denholm.
Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory
- South Deerfield, MA; Phone 413-665-2805
- The Butterfly Place
- 120 Tyngsboro Road, Westford, MA; Phone: (978) 392-0955. 3,100
sq. ft. glass atrium with up to 500 butterflies representing
as many as 50 different species from around the world. Open
March - October.
Garden at Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- South Wellfleet, WA
- Baltimore, MD.
- Grasonville, MD; Phone 410-827-6694
of Fancy Live Butterfly Show
- Wheaton, MD; Phone 301-962-1453. May 8, 2004 - Sept. 19, 2004;
10am - 4pm daily.
Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory
- 7528 Carriage Road, P.O. Box 901, Mackinac Island, MI 49757
906 847-9464, email@example.com
Wings of Mackinac is an all glassed in free flying butterfly conservatory with controlled heating and cooling system. Take a carriage ride to visit us or we are just a short walk from downtown just past the Grand Hotel. Experience hundreds of butterflies dancing and chasing each other filled with lush tropical plants.
Wings of Mackinac is open May-October every day. Also enjoy our children's garden surrounding the conservatory.
Lots of ideas for your own garden.
- Dow Gardens
- 1809 Eastman Avenue, Midland, MI 48640, Phone: 989-631-2677 firstname.lastname@example.org
'Butterflies in Bloom' exhibit in the Dow Gardens' conservatory features lush foliage plants and colorful flowers
housing 1000s of tropical butterflies. March-April every year (Call for exact dates).Butterfly house is open
daily 10am-4pm. Or join us for "Late Night with the Butterflies" on Wednesdays, until 730pm. Admission costs just $1
for kids or students, 5 and under are free! Adults pay $5 for general admission, or buy an annual pass for $10.
Admission also gets you into Whiting Forest, 40 acres of woodland, just a 1/4 mile up the road.
- Binder Park Zoo
- 7400 Division Street, Battle Creek, MI 49017.
- Foremost's Butterflies are Blooming
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park, Grand Rapids, MI, Phone 616-957-1580. Open March 1 - April
30 each year.
- Detroit Zoological Park
- 8450 W. 10 Mile road, Royal Oak, MI 48068.
- John Ball Zoological Garden
- 201 Market Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Island Butterfly House
- Sawyers Greenhouse, 1308 McGaulpin, Mackinac Island, MI 49757,
- Martha G. Parfet Butterfly House
- Kalamazoo Nature Center, 7000 N. Westnedge Ave., Kalamazoo,
MI 49004; 616-381-1574 ; butterflies in summer only.
- Michigan State University Butterfly House
- Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, East
Lansing, MI, Phone 517-355-1803.
- Saginaw Children's Zoo
- 1435 S. Washington, Saginaw, MI 48601.
- Apple Valley, MN; Phone 800-366-7811
- The Butterfly Place
- Branson, MO; Phone: 417-332-2231. 9,000 sq. ft. glass building
with up to 2,000 free-flying butterflies representing 50 or
more different species from around the world.
- Sophia M. Sachs
- Faust Park, Chesterfield, MO; Phone: 636-530-0076. Open year-round.
- St. Louis Zoological Park
- Forest Park, St. Louis, MO 63110.
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
- The Butterfly and Insect Pavilion
3701 S. 10th Street, Omaha, NB68107, Phone 402-733-8400
- Camden City
Garden Club's Butterfly Garden
- 3 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ 08103, Phone 856-365-8733.
- Four Seasons Butterfly House
- Cape May Bird Observatory
- P.O. Box 3, Cape May Point, NJ 08212, Phone 609-884-2736.
Gorrie Memorial Butterfly House
- Buttinger Nature Center, Pennington, NJ, Phone (609) 737-7592.
Museum of Natural History
- Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, NY 10024-5192
, Phone 212-769-5100.
- Hudson Valley Nursery
- 2709 Route 17M, New Hampton NY 10958
- "We open our exhibit Mother's Day weekend 2010. It's a beautiful exhibit featuring all native butterflies."
Zone, The Bronx Zoo
- Fordham Rd & Bronx River Parkway, Bronx, NY; Phone 718-367-1010.
- Adirondack Park Agency Visitor Interpretive Center
- The Paul Smiths VIC opened its Native Species Butterfly House in 1993.
Observe native Adirondack butterflies and moths in all stages of development in this enclosed outdoor structure operated by staff and volunteer naturalists. Open 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. from mid-June to Labor Day.
- Route 30, Paul Smiths, N.Y. 12970, (518) 327-3000
- Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden
- Strong Museum, Rochester, NY
- The first and only year-round indoor butterfly garden in Upstate New York. A lush rain-forest
environment and walk among approximately 800 brilliantly-colored, free-flying tropical
and native butterflies that flutter about (and may even land on shoulders or hands).
A paved path leads guests through tropical foliage and two water features, including a
cascading waterfall. Visit the chrysalis case and see emerging butterflies.
- Smithtown, NY
- NORTH CAROLINA
- Asheboro, NC
- Museum of Life and Science
- 443 Murray Ave, Durham, NC 27704. 919-220-5429. Check website for current exhibits.
- Catawba Science Center
- Hickory, NC - butterfly exhibit every two or three years. Check website for schedule.
& Botanical Garden
- 3400 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45220, Phone 513-281-4700
- Cleveland Botanical Garden
- 11030 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
- 216.721.1600 email@example.com
- Butterfly House
- 11455 Obee Road
- Whitehouse Ohio 43571
- 419-877-2733 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Butterfly House contains over 500 butterflies with many different species from North & South America and Asia.
The facility was built with the idea of developing beautiful gardens in a controlled
environment to exhibit butterflies to the general public. An opportunity to learn about
the life cycle of the butterfly and how to promote a healthy environment for these special
insects will be provided as well.
- One of the most fascinating and entertaining events held at
the Conservatory is the annual Butterfly Show. Countless butterflies
are released to fly freely within the Conservatory's showroom,
adding yet another blaze of color to an already charming display.
Cincinnati, OH. Phone 513-421-5707.
- Butterflies and Blooms Exhibit - over 100 species from 5 continents
fly free in a 50,000 sq foot Pacific Islands and cloud forest
exhibit. Visitors can watch the emerging of 100's of butterflies
from pupae in our Emergence Center. 1777 East Broad Street,
House at Cox Arboretum and Gardens
- Dayton, OH
Zoo's Butterfly Garden
- Oklahoma City, OK; Phone:(405) 424-3344. Flowers in Flight:
The Butterfly Experience, which is located on the north side
of the Pachyderm Building, houses 200 to 300 butterflies representing
12 species native to the United States. The exhibit can be accessed
from inside the Pachyderm Building and is open on a seasonal
basis, during the months of mid-May through September. The exhibit
is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Tulsa Zoo's
Wings of Wonder
- Tulsa, OK; Open May 6 through October 8.
- 4001 SW Canyon Road, Portland, OR 97221.
- Butterflies Forever
- Seaside, OR; Exhibit open Memorial Day
of Natural Science's Butterfly Exhibit
- Philadelphia, PA; Phone 215-299-1000.
- Hershey Gardens
- Hershey, PA
- Philadelphia Zoo
- Philadelphia, PA.
- RHODE ISLAND
Newport Butterfly Zoo
- 409 Bulgarmarsh Road, Tiverton, RI, Phone 401-849-9519.
Swamp Natl Monument - Native Plant Butterfly Garden
- Hopkins, SC
Mtn Science Center's Butterfly Garden
- Roper Mtn Rd just off Exit 37 on I-385 in Greenville, SC;
Campus' Butterfly Garden
- Sioux Falls, SD; (605) 362-2777
- Sioux Falls, SD; (605) 334-9466. Neo-tropical exhibit of 900
or more free-flying butterflies. Open daily, year round.
- Dollywood, TN.
- San Antonio Zoo
- San Antonio, TX. Open mid-March until November.
- Austin, TX
- Texas Discovery
- Dallas, TX; Phone: 214-428-7476. Seasonal.
Farm's Butterfly Haus
- 425 Wildflower Hills, Fredericksburg, TX; Phone: 800-848-0078.
Walk amongst butterflies feeding and flying in this 3,000 square
- Galveston Island, TX
- House of Butterflies
- Waxahachie, Texas
- Now entering its fifth year, the House of Butterflies is a free-flight butterfly exhibit where hundreds of butterflies, and the occasional cecropia moth, are housed during the Scarborough Faire season, feeding off the nectar from dozens of species of early blooming, native Texas plants.
- Fort Worth Zoological Park Insectarium
- 2727 Zoological Park Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76110-1787, Phone
Cockrell Butterfly Center
- Houston Museum of Natural Science, 5555 Herman Park Drive,
Houston, TX 77030, Phone 713-639-4742. email
- Yeager Butterfly Farm
- 570 William Drive, Pearsall, TX 78061.
- Cushing Butterfly Farm
- 1512 Jenny Lane, Richmond, TX.
- Valley Nature
- 301 S Border, Weslaco, TX; Phone 210-969-2475.
- River Bend Nature Center
- Ruby N. Priddy Butterfly Conservatory
2200 3rd Street, Wichita Falls, TX 76301; Phone 940-767-0843
Initially conceived and built as a home for native butterflies, the Ruby N. Priddy Conservatory has grown
far beyond a butterfly house since it opened to the public in the spring of 2007. Visitors will find a
fascinating cross-section of the plants, insects, and other animals that make their living on five
ecoregions of Texas and Southern Oklahoma.
- Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
- 22306 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble, Texas 77338-1071
- Phone: (281) 443-8731; Fax: (281) 209-9767; E-mail: email@example.com
- Mercer is open every day of the year except: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Station at Danville Science Center
- Butterfly Greenhouse in Danville, VA. Seasonal exhibit.
Bugs 'n Blooms
- Virginia Living Museum, Newport News, VA
- Bristow Butterfly
Habitat at Norfolk Botanical Gardens
- Azalea Garden Road, Norfolk, VA - 3-acre habitat for butterflies
and moths; Phone 757-441-5838.
- Lewis Ginter Botanical
- 1800 Lakeside Ave., Richmond, VA; Phone: (804) 262-9887. Over
400 North American butterflies live in this enclosed exhibit.
Open May 29 - October 31.
Tropical Butterfly House and Insect Village
- Seattle, WA (Pacific Science Center
Park Zoo's Butterfly Garden
- Seattle, WA; Phone:(206) 684-4800. 3,900 square foot exhibit
of free-flying butterflies.
Forest Nature Center
- Hixon Forest Nature Center, located in the beautiful bluff
country of La Crosse, WI, is opening a butterfly garden in the
summer of 2002.
- Milwaukee, WI; Milkwaukee Public Museum; permanent exhibit.
- Mosquito Hill Nature Center's Butterfly House
- New London, WI - Open from July - August. Contact Jim Anderson,
naturalist, at 920-779-6433.
- Conwy Butterfly Jungle
- Bodlondeb Park
- LL32 8DU
- Phone: 01492 593149
- Fax: 01492 593149
- Website: http://www.conwy-butterfly.co.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- See many of the worlds most beautiful tropical butterflies in free flight around you set in 2000 sq ft of jungle garden.
- Parc Tawe
- Phone: 01792 474555
- Website: http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1272
- The butterflies that you see in here between March and September arrive as pupae and when their metamorphosis is complete they fly freely around the Humid House; 10.00 am to 5.00 pm Tuesday to Sunday
- Pili Palas (Butterfly Palace)
- Pennmynydd Road
- Menai Bridge
- Anglesey LL59 5RP
- Phone: 01248 712474
- Website: http://www.pilipalas.co.uk/
- Email: email@example.com
- Saith Ffynnon Farm
- Phone: 01352 711198
- Fax: 01352 716 777
- Website: http://www.northwalesbutterflies.org.uk
- Email: Jan@7wells.org
- Butterfly garden, butterfly plant sales, local branch of Butterfly Conservation events organiser, Butterfly and moth ID courses, National Collection of Eupatorium,
butterfly garden designer - first prize winner, Snowdonia wildlife gardening competition 2005 and 2006, Gold medals britian in Bloom and Wales in Bloom 2006 for Old Colwyn butterfly gardens.
- Magic of Life Butterfly House
- Cwm Rheidol
- Ceredigion, SY23 3NB
- Phone: 01970 880928
- Website: http://magicoflife.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come and see some of the largest and most colourful butterflies in the world! Walk among them and watch them feeding, courting and laying eggs.
We ask your help in making this list as complete and accurate
as possible. We would like to include information about each location,
and others which should be included. And we need listings around
the world. Also, if any of these locations have sites on the World
Wide Web, we would like to provide links to those sites. Please
send updates to